Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Themes That Didn't Make the Cut - Part 2

It's pretty much a given that I love me a good "Theme Party." I've had 27 years of birthday parties (coming up on 28) and I've yet to repeat a theme. I fully support costume parties and LOVE celebrating holidays. When it comes to my wedding...what theme will I choose? I've come up with a few ideas. These are the ones that didn't make the cut.


My first theme marked off the list was the March Madness idea.  March also holds the Irish holiday of St. Patrick's Day.  Here's the deal...I've got Irish in me (hello? red hair, green eyes, fair skin...duh.) but I'm not sure a full out Irish wedding celebrating St. Patrick is for me.  Though I must admit I look pretty darn good in green.

Here's what it would look like if we went the Irish route:


some of the flowers and decor - HELLO CLOVERS!


the bride and groom attire (gotta have a leprechaun, might as well be josh):


bridesmaid look:

invitation inspiration:

reception food:

all in all I would prefer a St. Patrick's Day wedding to a March Madness wedding...but we are about a week late on the calendar.  So...St. Patty's Theme did NOT make the cut. However, green will be a color...just not this prevalent.

stay tuned...more to come.  feel free to make suggestions as well!

No comments: