Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Dear Fall,


I'm ready to see you again.  I know it hasn't been any longer than normal, but this heat makes it seem like years since we've been together.  You are always so cool and fun to be around.  It's nice when you are here.  We can play outside and not instantly start sweating.  We can drink other things besides gallons of water at a time. 


To put it simply, I love you fall.  You are so pretty and faithfully make me smile.  Your colors and scents of pumpkin and harvest just make my life better.  I'm afriad this brutal summer is causing me to have higher than normal expectations for you.  I feel bad demanding your trees be more vibrant than ever, or requesting that somehow thanksgiving would include an extra day this year.  If I'm honest, though, that's how I feel.

I'm looking forward to wearing long sleeves and boots, changing the house decor, carving pumpkins, trying new recipes, and watching the leaves change.  Needless to say, I've got lots planned when you arrive.  So, the sooner you come, the sooner we can all enjoy having our windows open, drinking warm drinks, and admiring your beautiful landscapes.

Hope to see you soon.

Your friend,
Emily