Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

one year ago today...

One year ago today I met these boys...

and my life was forever changed.


It was my mom's birthday and I was at the mall with her.  Lele was at a goodbye party for Ben and Erin.  She'd briefly mentioned meeting a guy to me earlier that week but that Friday night I got a text saying I should come to the party because I needed to really meet him.  Instead, I hung out at the mall with my parents...because I'm cool...and a good daughter.


In my mind I thought it would be another "oh you should meet my friend" that never really happens.  But it got scheduled to happen. WHAT?! How did that happen.  I was really being set up? with a guy?! No.  YES! 


It was Caitlin's birthday now.  We had a fun party.  Somehow this set up became the topic of group conversation.  Before I knew it my friends were planning our wedding...to a guy I had never even met!  silly.  (and people wonder why girls always get their hopes up and jump ahead in relationships!) I tried to blow it off.  It wouldn't work out.  We'd have dinner, I'd think he was nice. End of Story. WRONG! The beginning of the story...actually.


We met for dinner with Lele and Eric.  It was going well until he suggested going to Bobbie's Dairy Dip for dessert.  Then I just kind of knew.  I have a STRONG love for the dairy dip.  That summer I'm pretty sure I went at least once a week.  I knew it had potential from that point on.  I've talked to Josh everyday since that first meeting...and looks like I'll be talking to him everyday for the rest of my life!  I'm so excited to marry him!

sometimes these dating anniversaries seem silly to me...especially when you are months away from from a wedding ...none the less.  Today, I've been dating Josh for a year.  and it's been absolutely wonderful.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Congrats Emily and Josh! Thanks for sharing this sweet story! :)

Lele said...

YEAH!!! Happy one year!! Can't wait for the wedding!

joann said...

love you! can't wait to see you on your wedding day!

Rachel said...

Happy One Year!!! Woohoo!

Amber said...

What a sweet story :) Congrats!!!