Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

front porch fall decor

Josh went camping last weekend so I went over to his house to decorate!  That's how that works right? He does boy things, I do girlie things!

on Friday night I brought Bauer over with me so he and Dylan could "play" while I worked on other things.  They ingnored each other for a bit, then they "played", and now they are friends...

dylan seemed to be really happy about it...

Moving on...the crafts.  I found this white basket that I figured I could paint for various occasions.  Maybe fall on one side, spring on the other? I could totally paint the whole thing another color, stand it up, turn it over...the possibilites were endless for my $14 purchase.

I decided to paint it a little for fall...tie some raffia, and here is what we got:

It's not perfect, so I may paint over it, but it was a fun beginning. 

Saturday, Caitlin and I went to the farmer's market to get some decorations for the front porch (and it turns out some things for dinner too!).  And here is what I ended up with:

2 pumpkins and a gord for $15, and two mums for $20. I was super excited.




I know what you are thinking...you just covered up what you painted on the basket.  Well, I've since moved the pumpkins to the other side of the steps.  I'm not sure which I like better.  Either way...it's cool outside, I have pumpkins and mums on my porch, it's fall and I'm a happy girl!

No comments: