Pages

Friday, July 2, 2010

4th of July Wreath

I am so excited about how this wreath turned out! I wanted to make a summer wreath and a patriotic theme seemed to be perfect. I found some ribbon on sale, a wreath, and some pins. The whole thing took less than 2 hours.


I made different kinds of flowers out of the ribbon I had. Maybe next time I can list some "how to" steps but this was all experimental so I had no idea how they would turn out. I'm really happy with how they did though. I tell ya...a hot glue gun goes a long way!


I wanted to be able to use the wreath again, so I needed to make the accessories interchangeable and not permanent. I looked for some hair pins so I could just clip the flowers to the wreath. I couldn't find what I had in mind so I ended up sticking these pins to the back. It worked pretty well.


And here's the wreath! Sorry it's not on a door...it's now on Josh's front door and I didn't have my camera when I hung it up. But it looks cute. A simple way to celebrate summer, freedom, and the USA!



Happy 4th of July everyone!

1 comment:

sfain said...

you are just TOO CREATIVE!!!!!