Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

the big "D"

oh, the monogram.  who doesn't love to decorate with it, wear it on jewelry, put it on your car, your mugs, your tote bags...towels, dishes, pillows,  vases...you.name.it.  we all love it...to a certain degree.  Those things make super easy teacher gifts, wedding gifts, girlie gifts, etc.  Like you've seen here, and here I use a "D" on the wreaths I put on Josh's door.  I'm not sure why I always use it, I guess I feel like it brings it together.  who knows.  maybe it's a phase.

Anyway...as you know I'm working on making over the mantle.  To add to the fall decor I got a "D" from Michael's to embellish and put it up there.  (Maybe I feel like Josh will go along more with the decorating if it has part of his name in it? I don't know.)

I mod podged some orange paper...

Then mod podged this fun brown cut out paper I found...


and here ya go, the fall-est "D" there ever was...


2 comments:

Watson's said...

Mod Podge is a new term I have heard of recently. What exactly is it?? I may sound like a dummy but it won't hurt to ask :)) Love the project by the way!!!

emily said...

Mod Podge is a type of "glue", it dries clear, so it also gives whatever you are working on a glossy finish. You can use it to put paper or fabric on pretty much any surface. I usually put a layer of it on the surface of what I'm working with, put the paper/fabric down and then another layer to seal it and make it glossy! hope this helps!