Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

alice in wonderland plant


I mentioned early we got 2 of our hanging baskets stollen. Super sad.  We had a third one that they didn't take. and this is her.  She is really cool and like no other plant I've ever seen.  Josh's mom gave it to us for Easter.


it starts off having these little pink buds...they look almost like baby tomatoes...but then they start to bloom...



someone asked me, "What are these alice in wonderland flowers you have on your porch?"  I felt that was a really good description.  They are so colorful and so unique...clearly from Wonderland.




when they first pop open, they look like a little bloom skirt puffed out...



and then...what do you know? there's some yellow flowers mixed in...who knew?!



I'm still upset about our other baskets being stolen, but I'm thankful we still have our cool Alice in Wonderland plant.  In case you are curious...here is the actual plant name...




No comments: