Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

valentine's day!

it's valentine's day!  I am beyond excited about my date with Josh tonight at Chickfila!  It's been about 2 months since we cut out fast food and I am ready for some waffle fries!!!! mmm!  I know it's not the most romantic...but I'm not a big romance person so this makes me just as happy!

Josh was out of town this past weekend, so I surprised him when he got home with some valentine's love...


I decorated the mantle with some heart shaped doilies and ribbon. 
Then wrote a little message on our chalk board fire place.


I also decided to go a bit retro...


today is 40 days from our wedding. so I made Josh a paper chain with 40 things I love about him...he gets to tear off one a day until the wedding (unless he cheats and reads them all when I'm not there).


There's this wall plaque that we've had at hallmark for quite awhile with definition of "The South" on it.  I love it.  But I've never gotten it.  Recently we got mugs, picture frames, and serving platters with different variations of the definition on them as well.  I thought the frame would be a cute little gift for Josh...

(photo in frame courtesy of Mary Rosenbaum Photography)

Josh surprised me with tickets to this in May:


needless to say, I was a happy girl!

Hope you all have a very happy Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

L.Caroline said...

Love the picture frame! My mom got us the plaque with the same saying for Christmas and I adore it. We ended up getting one for my future MIL, too. I will now be on the hunt for the frame. Did you get it at a local Hallmark?

emily said...

I work at Brentwood Stationers occasionally, by REI and fresh market...we have ordered a bunch of the frames (b/c we sold out) but have the mugs and platters as well.

L.Caroline said...

Ahh! I love Brentwood Stationers. I was just in there last week.. And frequent Fresh Market! Small world!