Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

everything etsy: bridesmaid gifts

I could spend an entire post on each item I ordered from etsy...but that may get a bit boring.

Etsy.com was a source of inspiration as well as a place where I could find everything custom made that I needed for the wedding. Here is what I used from Etsy for bridesmaids gifts and the stores I got them from!  Each vendor was great to work with! 

shortly after josh and I got engaged and started wedding planning I knew I wanted to get my girls 3 specific things:
1. a clutch
2. earrings (for the wedding)
3. a fun something to wear in their hair (possibly for the wedding). 

Here is what I went with:

For the clutch...I wanted something simple that could be unique to each girls' taste but also practical.  I found this shop with clutches and LOVED them!!!


For the earrings...I knew I would be wearing pearls for part of my jewelery and so I wanted my girls to coordinate with me. I figured most would be wearing their hair down so maybe something with a little dangle would be nice?  I found this shop with these earrings that turned out great! she even included an extra pair for me with a matching necklace!



For the Hairpieces...I knew had lots of talented friends who could help me make these themselves, but since most of those friends were actual bridesmaids and I kind of wanted everything to be a surprise...I looked to etsy once again.  I found this shop with these options of hair flowers:

(even though the group of 3 is blue...i got them in the grey)

half the girls got the set of 2 flowers and half got the smaller flowers w the set of 3.  I think they looked pretty darn cute.  I wanted everything about my wedding to be very timeless and classy, however I wanted a small reminder of "the days" we got married in.  I thought these flowers would be something cute, but still pretty.

now...I had already gotten the girls the clutches shown above.  I bought those probably back in june (helloooo over achiever!) as the wedding got closer and closer I really wanted something pretty and classy they could bring and use for the wedding. also, the ones above were more what I would call "pocket clutches" and I wanted something a bit larger...still special but more uniform.  So a late minute decision was to add these and I am SO.GLAD.I.DID!!!  I LLOOOVVEED and I'm sad I didn't get one for myself.
This great shop was great to work with on a very limited time constraint.

I picked these clutches:
then you could customize the exterior fabric and the color of the bow/sash. 
I chose ivory for the outside and navy for the bow to match the bridesmaid dresses.

then you got to pick the interior fabric. 
I choose the optic blossom b/c the yellow and grey accented my other wedding colors:
(all photos courtesy of esty shop owner)


Everything turned out super cute!!! I loved each gift!  I also included some lip gloss...always a great addition and another something special that gets its own blog coming soon!
stayed tuned for that and more etsy wedding finds!






3 comments:

L.Caroline said...

SO so similar to what I doing for bridesmaid gifts! I am planning on doing the second clutch you got as well as some sort of pearl earring. Etsy has been my go to for browsing so far and I cannot wait to order! Also- I had not though about finding the earrings on Etsy! I am going to look at the seller now.

P.S. Your wedding pictures from the last post were absolutely STUNNiNG! Congratulations!

Michael and Jana said...

Just need you to know that Michael commented on how much he like the flowers in the bridesmaids hair. Etsy is not lost on the Kelley family. The entire wedding was beautiful!

Lele said...

LOVED IT ALL!!! Best bridesmaids gifts EVER! :)