Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Little Laney Shower, part 1

So my friends Lele and Eric are having a sweet baby girl, Laney Kathryn, at the end of June. Lele is uber crafty and loves her some Amy Butler fabric. Naturally, we decided to have an Amy Butler inspired baby shower.

I'll dedicate this first post about the shower to all the things we made with Amy Butler Paper!

We hung these letters above the gift table.  They now hang above Laney's crib, too cute!  Ryan painted them white and used Amy Butler Paper scallops to decorate.
I've started making banners for pretty much every party.  I think it's fun and it makes it personable.  Naturally little Laney needed her own banner.  We used more Amy Butler paper and added the trees on the end to match the invitation.

My friend Courtney had made a few wreaths like this before, she used paper for one and then fabric for the other. We decided to use more Amy Butler Paper to make this wreath and a larger one to go outside. Caitlin did a great job making these...it always helps when your city floods and your stuck inside with nothing to do!




Continuing on with the "white" idea and more Amy Buter I had the idea to spray paint some wine bottles to use as vases. Caitlin made paper flowers to add a little pizzazz. They turned out quite nice.

Here is a picture of one of the inviations with some of the grass we grew. That's a certian sign of love, right? "We grew you grass!" It goes along the lines of "I wore a BIRD in my HAIR!" anybody?

Anyway, you can see more of Caitlin's paper flowers. Too cute. We used these along with the white wine bottle vases as table decorations.



The strawberry cupcakes needed some Amy Butler love so we used the scallops again and made cut little toppers.

And we'll end this segment with the diaper cake.  Now, I've done a few diaper cakes (blog about that soon to come) but never with paper.  It's a little trickier but I love how were able to use more Amy Butler and really bring it all together.  I think I like how it turned out.



2 comments:

Lele said...

Cutest shower EVER! Laney's really gonna love y'all! :)

sfain said...

Lele is right--cutest shower ever! Fabulous decorations and even more fabulous friends!!