Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

a house of cards

as most of you know, I work at a local Hallmark store.  However, I rarely buy the cards.  I know. I work in a card shop, because I love cards, and I never buy them.  The shame.

In high school I started making cards for friends for birthdays and special occasions...and I suppose I really haven't stopped.  Part of me just feels like it means more if I make the card myself...more personalized and special.  So...for the last 18 months I've been making Josh cards, for all different occasions.

here is the first card I made him:


It's fun to see a lot of the cards on the fridge or around the house and think back to what was going on at those different points.  I LOVED the card I made him after we had been dating for 2 months...


you can make a card for EVERY occasion...


more monthiversaries...



for our 6 month dating versary I made a timeline of all of the fun things we had done...


of course holidays get cards as well...


so the next time someone you think is awesome has a birthday, or there is a special occasion I'd encourage you to bust out some glue, tape, scissors (though I tend not always use scissors) and make something special for him or her.

the wedding countdown is 18 days! HOLY MOLY! if blogs are a bit more sparse than I'm more than likely off wrapping, ordering, packing, finalizing, moving, punching holes, tying twine, and everything else!

2 comments:

Domestic Kate said...

Those are so fabulous! And in 20 years, you will so treasure things like the timeline.

Rachel said...

I think I still have some of the cards you made in high school. You are the BEST card-maker!